Saturday, December 20, 2008

7 months

Sweet Adilyn, You are changing so much and so fast. This month has absolutely flown by. We have enjoyed getting ready for your first Christmas and look forward to seeing you tear into those packages. I know you have no idea what this is all about but I look forward to teaching you more about the reason for this season in the years to come.
You absolutely love your daddy. And he loves you. I love watching the two of you play together. I fall more and more in love with both of you everyday. Daddy can still make you laugh the hardest. There is just something so special that is shared between a father and a daughter.
Although you love Daddy, you have started to show a preference for people. You will lean toward the person you want to hold you. I have started to see a clear preference for Mommy. You will fuss and lean for me when you want me to hold you.
You have become a great sitter. You can sit and balance very well. You love riding in the shopping cart and smile at everyone we meet.
You are so social. Definitely your father's child. One weekend at church, you heard another baby coo. Your head turned and you let out a rather loud response. It was so funny.
You are getting pretty good at going from sitting position to crawling position. But you have not quite figured out how to make those arms and legs work together. You are so close. I expect you to be crawling in the next few days.
You now have two teeth on the bottom and I think there is another on the way. I sure will miss that gummy smile.
Your sleeping patterns are still off and on. You are consistently taking two naps. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. We put you to bed sometime between 7 and 8. Sometimes you sleep until morning and other times you wake up to nurse.
You are such a happy baby girl. You will sit and play happily or sit contently on my hip watching every move I make. Mommy's little helper.
You love your cousin Branson. You watch him run around and play and you squeal with glea when he gets close to you. I know you two will have so much fun together and get into so much trouble together one day.

I love hearing you "talk." It is one of my most favorite things. I could sit and listen to you jabber all day long. You are putting all sorts of sounds together. My personal favorite combination is "mamamama" but "dadada," "nanana," and "gaga" are also a few more.
Your father has taught you how to scream. You two will yell back and forth at each other. It is kind of funny but gets pretty old when you break out the high pitched scream. Don't worry. Momma will teach you to use your words.
We introduced you to cereal this month. At first you seemed to like it, but then you went through a phase where you refused to eat it.
As with your bottles, you are very particular about the temperature of anything that goes into your mouth. Your cereal has to be the perfect temperature or there is now way you'll eat it.
Don't let that smile fool you. You aren't that excited about anything but Momma's milk. You even gaged a few times. Silly girl, it isn't that bad!
Another month that has flown by. I love every day more than the day before. Each day with you is a gift from God as are you baby girl. I love you so much.
Momma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeee! she's so CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been 7 months already!! It seems like just last week we were at your baby shower. -Misty

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks just like cum little one, come to me you can get it straight from the source and taste's better

Anonymous said...

oh yes baby is the best mouth to cum in, soooooooooo soft