Craig and I had a wonderful weekend visiting and working in Abilene. We came in on Friday and were lucky enough to babysit Branson while Kara and Scott went to see Harry Potter. He is the sweetest baby. We had fun splashing our feet in the pool and talking to friends Jordan and Ed. Such a fun night.
Bright and early Saturday morning, Craig and Scott went to work on new kitchen countertops for Kara and Scott's kitchen. They boys worked very hard beginning at 6am and finishing up around 8pm. They were exhausted and the new tops looked amazing! It is unbelievable how different that kitchen looks now. Super work!!
Well, I have been longing to cook something and eat a "homecooked" meal for a while now. So after a busy day of working, Kara and I headed to the grocery store to cook the ever-famous Mexican casserole. I have to tell you that this is not an extravigant meal. In fact, it is one of the fastest and easiest things I cook. But I think both Craig and I thought it was the best thing we've eaten in a while now. (Besides the meals on the houseboat, of course. Those just don't compare to anything!)
Another hightlight of the weekend...Craig got to fly. Sunday afternoon, he and Ed headed off to the flying field. They had a blast. Thanks, Ed for playing with Craig.
Another great weekend. I look forward to many more fun weekends coming home to spend quality time with family and friends. My parents just got home from church camp and we are off again to visit with them for a while before going back home. Thanks everyone for the weekend. We can't wait to come back. We love you all.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Thanks JoDee and Craig for the fun weekend! It is always a blast when you guys are around. (JoDee...hope you didn't get home with any "Chili rash") :) We love you guys! Merri Lynn
Post a Comment