Thursday, November 29, 2007

Doctor's appointment catch-up

Our first prego doctor's appointment was earlier this month. There is not much to report from that visit. They just took blood and urine samples, weight and BP. We didn't even see the Dr. that time. The nurse did use the doplar and listened for the heartbeat. She heard it. I'm not so sure I did. So, first appointment went well. Nothing to worry about at this point is a blessing.

Fast forward to today. Second appointment! Woo hoo! I am now 14 weeks and a few days. Craig and I were so excited about the appointment today because we were looking forward to getting to see the baby. I was crossing my fingers and hoping for an ulrasound. The nurse took my vitals and began to tell us about our first ultrasound appointment... on January 9th!!! Bummer. I guess we wouldn't be seeing the baby today. Oh, but guess again. Leave it to my husband to tell the Dr. he was really looking forward to having an ultrasound today. I guess those puppy dog eyes worked on her too because she said, "I usually don't do this, but let me go get the machine." She wheeled in what she called R2D2 and off we go. She instantly got a picture. I was so excited. There is actually a baby in there! We saw a head, arms, legs, heart, spine and little body. The baby was moving all around, kicking those legs and moving those arms. It was such an awesome sight. It is amazing to think that there is a fully formed person in there moving around and growing everyday, and I can't even feel it. God is awesome! Back to the appointment. We really liked the Dr. She was very informative and helpful and she didn't seem to be in a rush, even though she had patients waiting. All looked good and we are so grateful.

We've started taking belly pictures. Not that you can tell anything yet, but this picture is 14 weeks. I don't look pregnant yet but my pants don't button anymore!

5 comments:

NeyNaw said...

you look VERY healthy and so happy!!!congratulations!!!

Jordan said...

Yay! So excited for ya'll!!
Craig's puppy dog eyes work for just about anything!
Have a good weekend!

Greg and Bobbie said...

i was fixing to email and say that you should have a pic by now! sooo exciting! how dare they try to make you wait and way to demand it :)

Greg and Bobbie said...

a thought: do you have a belly band for your pants? make em last a lot longer!
see you soon! :)

Chrys and Mike said...

Oh, so cute! I'm so excited you got to see the baby on the sono!

Congrats!!!

Chrys