Thursday, January 10, 2008

My first picture

We had our "official" ultrasound for size and anomalies on Wednesday. It was amazing the things that they pointed out. Heart, brain, stomach, bladder, kidneys! We got to see the baby moving around and see that it had all it's arms and legs. It is using them, believe me. I've started feeling it move around more and more. It is the coolest feeling ever. We have to go back in 5 weeks because apparently our baby is 'stubborn'. At least that is what the Dr. said. I refuse to believe that however. I believe the baby just has a mind of it's own. I guess we will see if the Dr. was right soon enough. Apparently the baby was turned facing my back and refused to move. So they couldn't see specific features and angles that they wanted. Oh well, we'll just get more pictures! The size of the baby was right on with the calculations. Should be due May 27th. The baby was measuring about 13 oz (according to ultrasound) and 10 inches from head to heal (according to babycenter.com, they didn't say at the Dr. and I forgot to ask). So, it is about the size of a banana.


I've labeled the picture, but I'm not sure you can read it. This is a frontal view of the face. It is on it's side. The right side of the pic is the top of the head. The left side (grey stuff) is the body. The centerish is the bottom of the face. The two black circles are the eyes and the nose is the more white area to the left. I know, it is just about the cutest thing you've ever seen! Me too!

3 comments:

Greg and Bobbie said...

yea! we haven't seen your belly shots either missy... wasn't it awesome. and trust me, you'll be a worry wart the rest of the time and knowing and remembering all those pics of everything looking perfect does wonders to ease your worries. afterall, how often does a limb fall off in utero? :)
and you get to see little bobbie again so that's even more fun!
and yea for moving! just wait until your whole belly is dancing... and kicking you in the ribs and can't hunch over :)

Kara said...

I definately have the cutest niece/nephew out there! :-) No, wait...I think YOU have the cutest nephew out there. HA! That is so great and I am happy for you guys. So glad you are feeling good. I miss yall! Love, Aunt Kara

Minda Ciardi said...

What a cute little baby!!! I think those pictures are even more fun after he/she is born and you can look back at the ultrasound picture and see if you can see any resemblence! I'm glad you shared your blog address with me...I've enjoyed reading (oh, by the way, your kitchen is gorgeous!!!).

Minda Ciardi