Saturday, January 12, 2008

20 Weeks

This has been a fun time of my pregnancy. I am showing enough that I am starting to look pregnant and not just "thicker". I'm not incredibly tired and semi-sick anymore. But the most exciting part is that I've started to feel the baby move! It started with just a little flutter at about 15 weeks. However, I talked myself out of believing that was what I was feeling. Then, the day before I turned 20 weeks, I felt the biggest movement ever while riding in the car. No mistaking that one. That was NOT gas! Since then, I have felt more and more movement. It is the most awesome thing ever. I am amazed that God has placed this tiny little person inside of me and He is molding and creating it into a child that we get to raise and love. Craig has felt a little left out of the bonding process with the baby. He has spent hours with his hand on my tummy trying so hard to feel it move. Last night, I was reading in bed and he was almost asleep. I felt the baby kick and moved his hand. It kicked again and he turned and looked at me with this shocked look on his face. "Was that it?! That is so cool!" Now we have both felt and seen the baby. Thank you, Lord for the miracle of life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! You look so cute. Glad to hear that everything is going well for yall. Keep updating. I'm ready for the one that says whether it will be a boy or girl. :)

Greg and Bobbie said...

is this your belly pic corner? too cute... i believe i squealed (you know it takes a lot for that!) the first time i felt her move with my hand and woke greg up intentionally :) it only gets better kid!

Biddy said...

yay for the baby bump! yay for mommy & daddy feeling the baby kick! yay for the engagement!

ok, one more YAY and i'll stop :-)

ETexGurl said...

hey jodee! i dont know if you remember me but i am meagan, troy and suzanne gaileys daughter!!

Minda Ciardi said...

You're half way there! Only 20 more weeks to go!!

ML said...

I love picture! You look so cute! And I LOVE the striped wall behind you...who helped do that? :)

Chrys and Mike said...

PRECIOUS! I got teary reading this post b/c it truly is such a miracle. You're making me miss being pregnant! :)

So excited for you. You have so much to look forward to!!!!!

Chrys

P.S. I'm so excited that you're going to be surprised!!!