How these past two months have flown by. We anxiously awaited your arrival, time could not move fast enough. Now, time moves too quickly. If only I could slow these precious days. You are growing and changing everyday. How fun and exciting to see you develop. You now weigh 11 lbs. 2 oz. and are 22 1/2 inches long. Both stats are right at the 50th percentile. Perfectly average. But we know better. You are so much more than average.
You are cooing and talking more and more every day. You absolutely love to talk to Momma and Daddy. We absolutely love it too and take every opportunity to interact with you. You are learning to communicate not only when you are upset and unhappy but also when you are happy and satisfied. You wiggle, coo, and squeal with delight when you are happy. It is absolutely one of my favorite things.
Nursing you continues to be a wonderful experience for me. I absolutely love that special time we spend together. You look up at me with those big beautiful eyes and lay your arm across my chest while you let out sighs of satisfaction. We have recently started giving you a bottle of breast milk occasionally so that you will get used to it. Unfortunately, Momma has to go back to work some and you will need to learn to eat from a bottle. You have been doing very well with the bottle. Better than I had anticipated.
Your sleeping habits are still some what unpredictable. You are sleeping longer stretches at night than in the day time and those stretches seem to be getting longer and longer. Most nights you seem to have a hard time giving in and going to sleep. Sometimes you are just "fussy" and sometimes you cry pretty hard. We are trying to learn the best way to make nighttime easier for us all. Typically, you will go down for the night somewhere between 9:30 and 11:30, wake up for a feeding between 2:00 and 4:00, and then again at around 6:00 or 7:00. Recently, you have been going back to sleep after this last feeding which gives Momma a little more sleep. No complaints here.Momma




3 comments:
JoDee Rufus,
I LOVE this baby. I told your mom today that I have ADI's picture on my computer. Even Mr. Bar said that it "sure is hard not to go to Texas RIGHT NOW!" We can't wait to hold and kiss the back of her neck. She is gorgeous and I already adore her. Our God is so good, isn't he?
I love you,
Mrs. Julia
We love you too, Adi-girl! She is precious,JoDee and I am so glad that you guys are enjoying her as she is meant to be enjoyed. I think I missed out on some of that due to sleep deprevation. :) Give her lots of kisses for me!! See you in a week!
I love these pictures! She is so photogenic and BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment