
Adilyn Claire,
Has it been half a year already? The past 6 months has absolutely flown by. It seems like just yesterday we were anxiously awaiting your arrival. Yet, I can't remember what life was like without you around.

Those big beautiful eyes melt my heart every time you look up at me. You have a look that reminds me so much of your daddy. I'm afraid one day you will be able to use your powers for evil instead of good!

Your motor skills have blossomed this month. You are rolling all over the place. You love playing on the floor and will roll until you hit a road block. Then you yell until someone scoots you over to roll some more.

It seems like one day I put you down on the floor and you were able to sit up. How did that happen overnight?! You love to sit and will sit in the floor and watch everything that is going on around you. You are perfectly content to sit and play as long as you have something to play with or someone to talk to.

You are reaching and grasping anything and everything you can get your hands on. Usually, once you get it in your hands, it goes straight to your mouth.

We've given you a little water. You drink it willingly from a cup or a spoon. I've attempted to get you to used to drinking water out of a sippy cup. You usually just chew on the spout until a little water comes out.

This is your wild woman hair. Your hair is absolutely crazy! It will stick straight up. I'm afraid you've inherited my hair. I'm sorry. Maybe one day, it will be long enough to tame into a piggy tail.

Like I said, EVERYTHING goes into your mouth!

You are a tall & skinny baby. Official stats from your 6 month well baby appointment are: weight= 14 lb, 15 oz (between 20th and 50th percentile)
height= 26" (50th percentile)
head circumference= I don't remember the actual number but that it was between the 10th and 20th percentile. You have a little head!

I love the wonderful sounds that you make. You are starting to babble more and more. When you are upset, you have started to fussy babble. I don't know how to describe it, but it is so cute. I have to stop and smile before it fix whatever it is you are fussing about.

You are such a happy baby. You are laughing so much more and you are always willing to share a smile. You are most willing to laugh at your daddy. He does some silly things that will make you crack up! This weekend, we went to see some friends in Abilene. You thought their puppies were hilarious! They were barking and bouncing around. Instead of being scared or startled, you busted out a little belly laugh. You had us all cracking up.

So far, you have survived on breast milk only. You have had a few ounces of formula at day care when they thought you were hungry in the afternoon. As soon as we got home, you vomited it all up and then some. So no more formula for you. You can wait until mommy picks you up if you eat all of your bottles.

Bath time is now a favorite. I think you could sit in that tub and play for hours. Branson gave us some of his old bath toys and this makes it so much more fun. This red foamy letter 'B' is one of your favorites.

We are still working on your sleeping habits. Our 'going to bed' battle is soooo much better. You no longer cry and wake up every hour before you are out for the night. We have established a good little bedtime routine and you have figured out the drill. Going to bed is no longer stressful for us. Every once in a while you will sleep from 8 at night until 6 or 7 in the morning but you usually get up once to eat. We are also working on self soothing to go to sleep at nap time. You typically can do this for one nap but I have to help you for the other ones.

You are such a blessing. I cannot imagine what life would be like without you. My happy, sweet, joyful, funny, curious, bright-eyed, lovable, absolutely perfect baby girl. I love you.
Momma
5 comments:
happy half-birthday, sweet girl!
chrys
LOVE the first one!! She's getting SO big!
Can't wait to see ya'll again!
She just melts my heart! Love those big eyes and that dimpled smile! I just can't get enough! (Can't you tell with all my exclamation marks...hehe!)
get some no more tangles - will flatten that hair right down! sweet girl! love the dimples just like momma!
I loved seeing her at the party! What a "little" blessing literally(big blessing figuratively :)
Post a Comment