Wednesday, May 20, 2009

12 months

Adilyn, You cannot be one year old already. Wow! I know this is sentimental, but I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I can still see your face the first time I laid eyes on you. I fell in love immediately.

And I am more in love today than a year ago. You have such a sweet personality. I have enjoyed every minute of getting to know you this year. God has blessed us so much by giving us you.
You are very talkative and a little social butterfly. Your vocabulary grows every day. You can say "momma, daddy, a-oh, baby, by-by, woof, wee, bubble, wow" consistently. You imitate many other words and sounds. You can point to your head and tummy. And understand so much more than I realize.
You are walking better and better. Still very wobbly, but you take more steps everyday. We have moved the coffee table out of the living room because you are so wobbly sometimes. When you get excited, you tend to move faster and fall harder. You bonked your head on that hard rock table several times one morning and the table was gone. It won't be long before you are running everywhere.
You LOVE going outside and will go to the door when we say, "Let's go outside." You tend to stick to the patio and when it is hot, you stay under the shade. But you love to be outside. Granna and PawPaw got you a swing for your birthday. I have a feeling we will be spending much of the summer in that swing. "Weeeee!!!"
You are a very good eater most of the time. Some of your favorites are popsicles, Yo Baby, fruit (blue berries, mango, grapes, peaches), cheese, crackers, peas, and green beans. We have started working on the transition from formula to whole milk and you are almost there. You still like it room temperature or warm. Drinking it out of the sippy cup is coming. Some days are better than others. We are down to 2 or 3 bottles a day. All of that eating is paying off. Your official stats at the doctor's office were:
Weight - 18 lbs, 9 oz (10th percentile)
Length - 28.5 in (25th percentile)
I have to admit, I kind of expected you to be about 20 pounds because you are such a good eater. But I guess you are getting more and more mobile and burning more energy. You seem to be very healthy, so no one is worried about you.
You love to laugh. You and Daddy play and laugh a lot. He can find all the right tickle spots to make that sweet belly laugh come out. I love watching the two of you together. Oh, you love your daddy.
Adi, it has been one of the most fun, tiring, worrisome, exciting, challenging, and awesome years of my life. I would not change a single day. We are so thankful for you and pray God gives us wisdom to continue on this journey called parenthood. We love you so much, Adilyn!
Momma

4 comments:

ML said...

What a precious little girl! So sweet and cuddly and cute. I just love to hold her...and watch her move around and try to figure out what she could be thinking. She is one lucky little one to have you two for parents! Love you all, Meme and Pappy

Anonymous said...

Your one year old is the size of my ALMOST 4 month old. No lie.. height and weight. She's precious!!

Kara said...

Love it! Branson just commented on the last picture, "Adi go fishin'!" I guess it kinda looks like a fishing pole. Hehe! :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pussy is almost ready for play