On Tuesday afternoon, we got a phone call. It was Dr. Tadvick. We were expecting a little boy! A BOY!!! Such bittersweet news. We had a son! Something we had never experienced before. Yet, would we get to meet him? How long would he live inside the protection of my womb? We held each other and cried for probably an hour. So many different emotions. I laughed and cried at the same time when Craig said, "If you'll come out to the garage a minute, I want to show him how to change a tire and put together an airplane."
We have had a name picked out for a little boy for a long time. It was the first name we agreed on when we were pregnant with Adilyn. So, without question, we named our sweet boy. His name is Cade Alan. Cade, because we like it, and Alan is after his daddy.




3 comments:
I too laughed and cried at Craig's "If you'll come out to the garage a minute, I want to show him how to change a tire and put together an airplane."
Cade is already one loved little boy and he's lucky to have such Godly, selfless parents that stand to testify that our God is mightier than the pains of this world.
I hate that you're going through this "storm" but I admire your faith in the midst of it. Love you all...
Jordan pretty much said everything I was thinking! I'm praying for your entire family and all of the medical staff you'll be involved with. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Love you!
Jodee and Craig,
I have read your eloquent words tonight, after learning about Cade from Kara today. Bill and I have cried with you tonight. There is nothing that informs our mundane lives, than those who meet adversity and heartbreak with grace and courage and love. Jodee, I will work 5 days per week at Woodson for you, if you need me-just.call! We love you, Terry and Bill Grosvenor
Post a Comment