Well, it seems cold and flu season is upon us and it has hit our household of 2 1/2 in full force. This is the 3rd week in a row that either Craig or I have been sick with something. Two weeks ago, Craig came down with some bronchitis junk. He was pretty uncomfortable but went to the doctor and after a shot, started on the uphill.
A few days after that cleared up, he got hit again. This time, we had a trip planned to Abilene for the weekend. But when I came home from work, he was lying in bed with a stomache bug. It was pretty intense for about 12 hours, then it left as quickly as it came. I tried to be the best nurse-from-a-distance I knew how to be. Luckily, I did not catch this one.
We postponed our trip to Abilene until this weekend. Low and behold, I wake up Friday morning with a cough. Instead of changing plans again, we continue to Abilene. Well, the cough gets worse and add conjestion on top of that, I was feeling pretty lousy. A trip to the Dr. yesterday confirmed an upper respiratory infection. Thank goodness it was not the flu. I've started antibiotics and decongestant but have still not made it back to work. Hopefully tommorow.
Honestly, we probably aren't very good at being sick because we don't have to be very often. We just aren't ususally sick people. In fact, I was just bragging to someone not too long ago about how "I never get sick, even working in the schools, I must have a great immune system." Oops, spoke too soon!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Bummer. :(
Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment