Thursday, August 20, 2009

15 Months

Adilyn, My sweet ray of sunshine. I enjoy each and every day I spend with you. You are so much fun. I absolutely love this age. I can just see you learning new things every day. You are such a little sponge.
This picture shows how much of a girl you are! Everything can become a necklace! Hilarious!
You have so many words I'm not even going to attempt to record them all. Some of my favorite new things you are saying include: "I yu you" (I love you) singing to the tune of the Barney song, "tak you Momma" (thank you Momma) with sign for "Thank You" you say this to anyone even if it is not Momma, "aaa gaa" (all gone), "go?" with hands turned up and rising intonation when you are asking where something or someone went, "two, tee" (two, three) after we say "one" or when you are counting.
You love books. Whether you are reading them or someone is reading to you, you just love it. Some of the books we read over and over, you have started saying some of the words that go with each page. The other day, you picked up Dr. Seuss's "Mr. Brown Can Moo. Can You?" You opened to the page with the lightning and said, "boom, boom." You amaze me!
You also love to sit in things. Chairs, the boppy pillow, laundry baskets, dust pans, between your stuffed animals' legs... Anything can become a perfect Adi-sized chair!
This summer has been so much fun! Especially because you are such a little fish! You absolutely LOVE the water!!! You spray yourself in the face and go underwater with barely a reaction at all. We've gone swimming in big pools several times. You do not like to be held and try to get down to swim by yourself. We will definitely be doing swim lessons next summer. You have no fear of the water and that scares your momma.
You rode the jet ski at the lake this summer with your daddy. I can't believe I didn't get a picture. You loved it! Smiled the whole time even with your bulky life jacket around your neck.

Although you are still a good eater, you have become a little more opinionated about what you eat. You love popsicles. We have made a lot of homemade popsicles like my mom used to make for us this summer. You are eating more meat products. You like hot dogs, lunch meat, chicken, and sausage in a biscuit. You even ate a little bit of hamburger meat in spaghetti tonight. Cheese and fruit are still your favorite food groups!
We have been having some mild sleep issues. You started waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. When we go in there, you lie back down and go back to sleep. But if you wake up again and we are not there, you begin crying. Don't know what is going on, but we are working on it.
You have become very attached to Momma. Although it makes me so happy to know that you love me so much, it is very hard to leave you. Even with Daddy sometimes. I have had so much help this summer at home. I have a little helper who follows me everywhere, to do laundry, while cooking, the bathroom... But when Mimi or Granna are around, it is "momma who?"
Oh, sweet Adilyn. We are so in love with you. We could not imagine life without you. You are the light of our lives. How did we ever live without your sweet hugs and kisses?
Love,
Momma

3 comments:

PrEsToNs said...

aww that was so sweet! what a great mom! Shes gonna be a great sister! luv her pink dress

Kara said...

I know you probably dont want to hear it, but she looks so much like Craig in that picture of just her face when she is in the bathtub...wow! She is precious...awww...all these updates are making me miss you guys more and more! :) The pink dress and flower are adorable, by the way.

ML said...

I agree with Kara...this makes me miss, miss, miss you guys! I love the picture outside with the sidewalk chalk! (Her name is messed up a little because she insisted on sitting on it!) Funny girl. I also love the big A necklace...she cracks me up. Love you guys, Mimi