Friday, August 12, 2011

The Rain

Though we are in the biggest drought Texas has seen in many many years, the rain is falling. The storm is huge and strong and the rains are pouring. So are the tears. Somehow I have to be thankful for the rain. The rain is sent from God above and can do amazing things. It cleanses, washes, makes new, and brings new life. Right now I can not see what is in front of me because the rain is coming down so incredibly hard. I'm just trying to trust and walk the path that is in front of me. Am I mad at God for bringing the rain? Absolutely not. Do I have unanswered questions? Sure. The rain is messing up my plans. I had plans for beautiful sunny days full of happiness and joy. But I cannot be angry at God for sending the rain. I know that when the storm ceases, I will get to see the rainbow. The beautiful, colorful, prominent rainbow. Displayed proudly in the sky for all to see the sign of God's promise to us.


Lord, guide us through this storm for we cannot see without Your guidance.

1 comment:

Taylor Made said...

I can only image the storm and the fear you guys are experiencing. We admire your faithfulness. No words seem right but know you are in our prayers.

Love you all