We have been waiting on the results of our amnio since Thursday. The "preliminary testing" results were to test to see if there were three chromosomes of either #13, #18, or #21 chromosome. The facility in Ft. Worth called this morning to tell us that the results from this particular test indicated that there were the appropriate number of these three specific chromosomes. It will take a little longer to get the more detailed testing results. My understanding of the rest of the testing is that they look under a microscope at all 46 chromosomes to see if any significant piece of the chromosome is missing or if there is an extra piece attached to one chromosome. This means that Cade is either missing a large piece of information or is getting too much information which is causing his anatomical problems.
I'm not sure how I feel about this information. Although I don't want to have a child with a trisomy, it was an answer to part of the "what" questions we have. But, we'll just have to see what else comes of the testing. I know God does not always give us answers to our questions. Having a "diagnosis" will probably not change anything we do for Cade but just answer more questions we have about the future. Still, we rest in the peace that passes all understanding.




2 comments:
Craig and Jodee, I am so sorry. I saw Merri Lynn's Facebook entry and came and read your blog. Please know that you are in our prayers. Eileen and Jeff Mager
What an absolutely precious and beautiful baby Cade is! I see his darling face and know that despite the problems our human minds see, God knit him together with such love and purpose. I am praying for you!
Post a Comment