Lord, today I am missing my little boy. I know he is safe and happy with you, and that makes me smile, but my mommy heart is hurting and longing for him. Besides the fact that I will never have the chance to get to know him, he will not get to know me either. Please tell him about his mommy. Please tell him how much I love him. Please hug him and kiss him the way I would. Please tell him about me. Tell him about the things I like, and the things I don’t, how I look and how I smell, the sound of my voice and my tender touch. Tell him how much I love to read books and sing songs to his sisters, and how I wish I could with him too. Please tell him how much I wish I could see him grow. Tell him how I don’t know how to play with boys, but would give anything to have the chance to play with him. Please tell him I would never let him play football, but would be his biggest fan in any other sport. Please tell him I’m fun and funny, and quiet and caring. Please tell him all about me, God. There is no one better to tell him about me than you. For you, Lord, know me better than I know myself. So today, God, I am asking you to not only be Cade’s Heavenly Father but to show him his earthly mommy.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
You know I feel the exact same way. You took the words out of my mouth. Think I may just copy and paste your words onto my blog as well, but change the him to her. ;) I love you so much, JoDee. And I would describe you the exact same way as you did...fun and funny, and quiet and caring. That is so you. And Cade has the best mommy in the world, and I understand COMPLETELY what you mean about longing for them to know US. To know how much we loved and will always love them. You hit the nail on the head, again. I love reading your words because they are so much what is on my heart. I am so thankful for you along this journey.
All my love...
Kim
I'm thankful we serve a gracious and loving God that not only hears your beautiful prayer but will do as you have asked. Sending you lots of love, JoDee...
I just wanted you to know I am still thinking of y'all and praying. Wonderful words from a wonderful person. They definitely hit home here too even if not the same situation!!!
We went to a Hospice meeting the other night, so if you need any ideas for first holidays or anything let me know. It really helped to have some ideas. This will be our first set of holidays without our precious Nathan as well. (My email address is phillips_stephanie@hotmail.com)
He is absolutely beautiful! I like to believe that God has a special ear for mommas with hurting hearts. ❤
Sending love, just love
Post a Comment