Wednesday, August 20, 2008

3 Months

Sweet Girl,
You are growing so fast. I put away your first batch of clothes that were too small this month. You have outgrown so many clothes already. It brought back fun memories to go back through some of those tiny preemie and newborn clothes.
You are "talking" and cooing more and more everyday! You have recently started with a very high pitched squeal. It is so funny! You are very social and will sit and talk for a long time. But you aren't particular, you talk to your toys too.
Sometimes you will be in your bouncy seat while I'm making dinner or doing something else. If I'm not paying attention to you, you will start fussing at me. As soon as I come over and start talking to you, you give me a big grin and are just as happy as can be. Silly girl!
You are definately so much more aware of things around you. As we walk past you, you turn your head and follow us. You want to sit up so that you can see everything that is going on. You are going to have great abs because you are constantly trying to sit up. It looks like you are doing crunches, even in your car seat. This is a very common scene...
You are having more fun with your toys and I keep getting out new things that you like to play with. Something new to discover everyday! You like to play on your discovery mat that has animals and a mirror dangling above you. It is a lot more fun now that you can bat at the toys. Every once in a while, you even get a hold of one.
You are eating well. You nurse about 7 or 8 times a day. Let's just say, you definately still prefer Momma over the imitation. But we're working on it.
I started work this month. Your Granna and your Mammie have been keeping you until preschool starts. You are definately in for a surprise, but I think you will have so much fun with the other kids.
You take good naps. Although your pediatrician does not recommend this (or know about it), you take your day time naps on your tummy. I make you sleep on your back at night though. I understand, I'm a tummy sleeper also.
It is so fun to watch you learn about things. You have discovered your hands and are able to get them to your mouth pretty consistently. Sometimes you have such a look of determination on your face that it makes me laugh. I've also caught you starring so hard at your hand that as they come closer to your face, you go cross-eyed! So funny, but be careful, you don't want your eyes to get stuck like that! Ha ha!
We love you so much, Adilyn. It is such a blessing to be your parents. You bring joy to our lives everyday and we cannot imagine life without you.
Love,
Momma

1 comment:

Kara said...

So so cute! You are doing such a good job recording everything that is going on. Keep up the good work, Momma! Love you all, Aunt Kara