Momma
Saturday, September 20, 2008
4 months
Adilyn,
You are such an angel. I fall more and more in love with you every day. I feel like so much has happened this month. You seem to be growing before my eyes.
You started preschool this month. You go two days a week to our church mother's day out program while I work. You seem to have adjusted really well. You have a very sweet teacher and everyone up there is eager to love on you. The bottles have now become your friend and I no longer worry about you not eating anything while you're there. One day I picked you up and you had only eaten 2 ounces all day long. That has definitely changed. I got a call just last week that you had downed all three of the 3 ounce bottles I had sent before 1:00!
I don't know if you are going through a growth spurt or if the changes and stresses of work have changed my milk supply. After you nurse, I feel like you are still hungry and that you aren't getting enough. So, I've started sending some formula with your milk to school. We almost made it 4 months with only breastmilk!
Your head control seems to be improving daily. You're loving tummy time so much more now that you are able to push up and look around.
You are putting your hands in your mouth more and more. Sometimes you will be just talking away with your hands in your mouth. It is so funny to listen to your mumbled coos. I love hearing you talk.
You are batting and pulling toys to your mouth. Usually when they get in your mouth, you make a terrible face like they taste aweful. But of course they always go back for another taste!
Your eyes remind me of your Daddy except the color. They seem to be getting lighter and more blue. I think that part comes from me.
You are getting so long. You have a cute one piece pants outfit that your Mammie bought you. Except they don't look like pants any more but capris. If you end up being built anything like me, this will be something you struggle with your entire life. Sorry sweetie. Just hope that capris stay in style for a long time.
You have discovered the bumbo chair this month. Now that your head control is improving, you are enjoying sitting up and looking around. You still have some trouble with your trunk control and end up leaning forward. So, bumbo sitting doesn't last long before you get frustrated.
My favorite thing that has happend this month is that you started laughing. It is the most wonderful sound. So far it is only a couple of giggles and usually for Daddy, but it always makes us laugh.
Adilyn, you are such a sweet baby girl. We love watching you grow and learn about this world around you. We are so honored to be your parents. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Oh...she is getting so big!! I miss her (and you) like crazy! I can't believe we are missing all this. :( I cannot wait to see yall this weekend and maybe hear a little giggle... :)
I LOVE the first picture!
i think she's looking more like her momma these days!
chrys
She is getting SO big!!! I love the pink diapers!!
Hope ya'll are having a relaxing weekend!
Oh my goodness...she is just beautiful! I honestly CAN NOT wait until I can hold her again. It seems like forever since I've seen you all! Please, please hurry to Abilene!! Love you all, Mammie :)
Oh, she is so gorgeous! What a beautiful little girl. I love watching her grow :) Thanks for posting
Post a Comment