Saturday, September 20, 2008

Green

In an effort to be a little greener and more importantly save some green, we decided to try some cloth diapers. Honestly, I had no idea cloth was as simple and advanced as it is now until I had a friend switch to cloth. After hearing about her experience and doing some research, I decided to go with the bumGenius 3.0 one size pocket diaper. The manufacturer claims this diaper fits babies 7-35 pounds. So this will hopefully be the only diaper we will ever have to buy!

I got my "trial" package (I only ordered 3) the other day and decided to wait until the weekend to try them out. Adi wore all 3 today. So far, I like how soft they feel, not so plastic-y. They seem to have a slight smell to them. Not really an oder, just a smell. I'm hoping that comes out the more they are washed. But, I think disposables have a bad smell too. They just smell like chemicals and plastic to me. Also, they are slightly bulkier than her disposables but I was expecting this. Hey, they are suppose to fit a kid who is 35 pounds. That extra diaper has to go somewhere. They really aren't as big as I had expected because of the way they snap down smaller and I'm using the smaller inserts. The best part is, they come in PINK! She lookes so cute in them.

I'm washing them tonight. This will be the real test. I was most unsure of the laundrying.



6 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

oh yay, good for you!

they're soooooo cute - i don't have any pink ones but i'd love some someday. :)

i'll be interested to hear what you think after using them for awhile. we love them!

chrys

Greg and Bobbie said...

good for you... everyone i know laughed at me so i decided against it. i make up for it other ways though right? keep us posted... i will have another someday right? she's adorable... they're gonna have so much fun together!

Kara said...

Its not too late, Bob! I'm thinking of going cloth myself and Branson is almost 17 months. Love love love the pink ones. Do you think B would mind pink? Hmmm...probably. And if he didnt, Daddy would! Keep us posted on how it works out!

PrEsToNs said...

very interesting! might have to try it with the next :)

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested to see what you think. My husband and I are expecting in early January and plan to use these diapers. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Jo (I work with Craig's dad at ACU)

Anonymous said...

last pic but naked really close up pic of her bald little p---y