Monday, October 20, 2008

5 months

Adi Girl, I cannot believe you are already 5 months old. You are growing up so fast. Each age and stage is more fun than the last. I just love watching you grow.
You are such a happy baby. Always smiling and laughing. You only get upset when you are hungry or tired. Your little personality seems to be coming out more and more. I just love your gummy crooked smile with that cute dimple on your cheek.
This month, you have done lots of new things. One of those is blowing bubbles or raspberries. You stick out your tongue and blow to make that fun noise you love and leave lots of slobber behind. Sometimes you'll imitate us when we do it to you and sometimes you just start it on your own. It is so funny. You make us laugh every time.
You've also started rolling over. You have been so close to rolling over for a few weeks now. I've been hesitant to leave you on the bed or couch. I just knew one day I'd return to find you gone.
The morning you were officially 5 months old, I put you down on the couch on your tummy while you were napping and ran to take a quick shower. For some reason, I decided to place a pillow on the floor below you. When I returned, you were on your back. Thankfully you were still on the couch. To make sure it was not just an accident, I put you on the floor to see if you could do it again. You immediately flipped over. I was so happy and excited for you.
Look at you sitting up! We've been working on your balance lately. You are able to sit up on the couch with some support for a few minutes now. You love it. What a big girl!
And you absolutely LOVE your daddy too. He can always make you laugh and smile. I don't blame you, Adi. I love him too. He is just so funny, isn't he? In the picture above, he is doing one of your favorite things, beat boxing. That's right, beat boxing. You think it is hilarious!
You love to stand up. You are now able to support your weight and love the feeling of standing. You are just getting more and more independent. My little baby is growing up.
I'd like to say that you are a great sleeper, but I can't. You are probably not the worst sleeper, but it sure would be nice if you were sleeping longer stretches at night. You just haven't been very consistent. Some nights, you'll wake up at 2, some nights you'll wake up at 4:30, and then some nights you'll wake up 1 time, some nights 2 times and some nights 3 or 4 times. I wish I knew what the difference was from night to night.
You are nursing every 3.5 to 4 hours except at night when you'll go 6 or 8 hours. Nursing sometimes proves difficult because you are so much more active and curious. You want to see everything that is going on around you, and eat at the same time. Sorry honey, it doesn't work that way!
I think we've finally figured out the bottles. After I got several calls at work because you had run out of milk, it finally hit me. Send more milk! So, now I'm sending 2 bottles with 5 ounces each and one with about 3 ounces. That usually lasts you all day. But if not, I've given them a can of formula too. You really don't like it, but it is just for emergencies. I'm so happy that we haven't had to supplement any more.
I love the picture below. It is just so typical of you these days. One hand in your mouth the other grabbing onto a foot. Your feet end up in your mouth more often than not. You are able to pull most of your socks off your feet. When we picked you up from day care the other day, you just had one sock on. They searched and searched but couldn't find it.
Adilyn, each month is more precious than the last. Watching you grow and develop has been more special than I ever thought possible. I never thought I could love someone so much. Your smile is infectious and your sweet voice brings a warmth to my heart every time I hear it. I love you so much and can't wait to see what God has in store for your future.
Love you!
Momma


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a doll baby! i want to squeeze her!

it's funny, in some pics i think, "she is ALL CRAIG!" and yet in others i think she looks just like her momma!

what a blessing she is!

chrys

ML said...

5 months? Already? It just doesn't seem possible...yet, look at how big she is getting and oh, how adorable that smile is! Wish I could be holding her tonight... Love you all, Mammie

Kara said...

I can't wait to see her tomorrow!! I LOVE the last picture...looks like a "model pose." :) She is getting so big and you are right, she has the best crooked, dimple smile I have ever seen! See you tomorrow, Adi Girl!!

Anonymous said...

get her naked show me her p---y