Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daddy's Prayer

God,

For myself, JoDee, our girls and for Cade, I ask for your favor to be with us in our struggles.

I am bound by what I see in front of me and understand that your eyes are limitless in what they can see. So, I ask that you give me an insight into what you see for Cade and for my family. Let me see our current struggles through the filter of your purpose and limitless scope.

God, I thank you for Cade and for what he means to us and to our family. Thank you for entrusting us with his life and I pray that you will be glorified in all that we have done and all that we will do as his parents.

I ask for your peace and comfort and I ask for your presence to be felt among us daily as we continue to walk this road.

God, I also ask for you to heal Cade. I confess that I selfishly want him in my life for as long as I live. Help me to realize that you use all things to bring glory to your name. So, in that, I pray that Cade is so miraculously healed that no-one can claim or explain it, but to turn and give you all the glory for your healing power. And if you don’t heal him, you are still an awesome and un-shakable God that’s in control of all things. I will always follow and trust in you no matter the outcome.

Following your word in Luke 11:8… I impudently beg and plead with you to heal Cade. Hear my plea, oh Lord.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

4 comments:

ML said...

I am praying with you, Craig. Love you more than you'll ever know. Mom

Kara said...

Craig, You continue to amaze me. I am proud to be your sister and your friend. I am honored to be Cade's aunt. Praying with you and JoDee every day for Cade and the girls. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I long to be a blessing to yall during this time. Love you, little bro.

Kim said...

Yall's faith is so unwavering, as I said before, and it is so refreshing, and encouraging to me. We love your sweet family so much, and we pray for yall daily. God couldn't have chosen a better, more Godly set of parents than the two of you. Our prayers will continue.

Jordan said...

Beautifully written, my friend. Joining you in this prayer for peace, comfort and healing. Love ya'll.