Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dancing

We had another wonderful 3D ultrasound tonight that we were able to share with our family. I'm still in awe of what an amazing experience it is to get to see your unborn child with such clarity. Technology blows me away. We saw the cutest 'chubby' little face! I know he is still so tiny but the boy has some cheeks! And very full little lips! The majority of the time, he was kicking and wiggling all over the place. I don't think he really likes to be poked and prodded. I'm so glad some family was there that had not been able to see Cade before.After we got home, I couldn't help but think about Garth Brooks song The Dance. The line "I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance" kept playing in my head. It made me start to think about all the joy we have experienced in this particular little dance. Though this journey has been overflowing with pain, there are so many blessings that we can already see.
I was all smiles at the ultrasound tonight because I just can't help it. I love my little boy and he brings such joy to my heart. Just seeing his sweet little face and his tiny little fingers makes me so happy. I cannot imagine what I would be feeling today if we were not in this exact situation. If we had never become pregnant with Cade. If when we first heard the devastating news we had chosen not to carry Cade. Sure, we would have missed the pain. But what else would we have missed? My mind spins with all the things we would have missed. Being parents to a sweet boy, leaning on each other like we have, leaning on God like we have, seeing and feeling the love of our family and friends in a way we have never experienced, learning so much about the faith of our doctors that care for us, establishing friendships that probably would have never come otherwise, learning to lean on others, learning to love... I could go on and on. And I know that God has so many other blessings in store for us that I cannot even fathom.
Yes, maybe we could have chosen to miss out on some of the pain, but who would want to miss the DANCE?!?!?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

he is beautiful, jodee! i especially love this post, your sweet and gentle mommy spirit is so inspiring to me. cade is one loved little boy who has impacted so many already!

Anonymous said...

You know what, my sweet girl? That is my Joshie song too!!!! I love you...and I love that Cadester (Not Cadie :) ) Love me some cheeks!!

Kim said...

Oh how I love you, JoDee. You bless me more than you know. Your words are so true and I have heard so many of them playing over and over in my mind during the past 2+ months. I treasure you, and am thankful for your faith and how you cling to Him. What an example you are of a Godly mother and wife.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me...I heard your story of precious Cade from your friend Jordan..after sharing with her the story of our sweet Gracen Faith whom we knew from week 20 in our daughter in loves womb would need a miracle to have any minutes with us this side of Heaven...Gracen was delivered last week on the 29th of Oct. We were soooo incredibly blessed to have 75 precious minutes with her before she went to the arms of Jesus....you can read her story and view her slideshow on rydaysalt.blogspot.com...Dayna and Ryan are most happy to share their experience in hopes to bring help and joy to others facing similar situations..our prayers are with you and we pray the mercy of God over your amazing family...In Christ Sherrie Saltzgaber

Anonymous said...

That would be 29 Sept...sorry for typo...slots happened in a week..

Anonymous said...

Dear JoDee, I just wanted you to know that I checked on your blog tonight and saw the update. So glad I did, because now I know how to pray for you and your sweet family at this time. I am so encouraged that you continue to give glory to God even when your heart is breaking. I can learn many lessons from that, Sweet Friend.
J. Ward

Childoftherockgarden said...

My heart will be with you and your family tomorrow, sweet Jodee! Terry Grosvenor

Connie said...

Craig and JoDee, I just wanted you to know that Eddie and I have been lifting you up to our Father in prayer all morning. You are close to our hearts and we love you. I am so glad you are getting to spend some sweet time with that precious little boy this morning. We are here for you...