Adilyn,
One month has flown by! It has been so much fun getting to know you and how you fit into our family. You are such a sweet baby. I am amazed at how perfectly you are made. I find myself just watching you and staring at your beautiful features.

You are a good eater. You are nursing every 2 to 3 hours. It has been quite an adjustment for me. At first, I felt like I was feeding you all the time but now, it just comes a little more natural. We have not introduced you to a bottle yet, but get ready. It will come soon. You will have to learn before Momma goes back to work. I'm a little worried about how the bottle will go. Especially because we haven't found a pacifier that you will take. It is a little comical. When you realize that thing that is in your mouth is plastic, you make a horrible face. Like we are trying to give you poison or something. Even when you are screaming, I can't help but smile when you politely refuse the paci. Sometimes, with a little help, you will suck on your hands. But you have not figured out how to keep your hand up to your mouth. You make such a tight little fist, there is not much to suck on. Maybe one day you'll figure out that you have fingers that will open. They might taste good!

Nights are mostly good. We are trying to establish more of a night time routine. You tend to be "fussier" in the evenings, but those periods are shortening. You generally sleep 3 or 3 1/2 hours between feedings at night. You go to sleep around 10:30 or 11:00 and wake up around 6:00. Hopefully your nights will get longer as you get older.

I've been attempting to establish more of a predictable routine for you during the day. We eat, then play, and then you sleep. I love our play time together. You are becoming more and more interactive. You have started cooing and talking more and more. It is the most wonderful sound.

You have such a beautiful smile. While I was changing your diaper a few days ago, you were in a really good mood. You were talking and smiling and looking right at me. As I would talk to you, you would smile and coo in response. It makes my heart sing.

Your awake times are getting longer and longer. You like to play on your tummy, listen to music, swing, and go for walks outside. You love to be outside. If you are upset, we can take you outside and you instantly settle. I've started taking you for walks in the morning. It is good exercise for me and you love it.

You are such a joy in our lives, Adi. We are so blessed to be chosen as your parents. Your daddy and I love you so much and love watching you grow.
I love you sweet girl!
Momma
5 comments:
She is so cute. She looks alot like Craig. Enjoy the moments while she will lay still to change her diaper....it won't always happen I promise! Babies are such sweet reminders of God's miracles.
Oh, sweet baby girl! I see a lot of her daddy in these pics.
Hug her for us and enjoy every minute of this sweet time.
Chrys
thats such a sweet note, you should print that out and put it in her baby book:)
Oh my...how I love those eyes and that sweet little chin and neck! It just begs to be kissed! You and Craig are doing such a great job as parents! You have been blessed by God and Adilyn is one lucky little girl to have been born into your family. I miss you guys!! Mammie :)
Oh my, she is so cute!! I feel like I just left there and she has changed so much. I am glad that your nights are going a little better and that we got figured out at least one thing that worked...outside! I miss you guys and can't wait to see you this weekend. Love, Aunt Kara
Post a Comment