Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two Weeks

Adilyn,

I cannot believe you are already 2 weeks old. You are already such a part of our lives. We cannot imagine life without you. You are growing so fast and I can already see that you are just going to grow up in a flash.
You are generally a good natured baby. When we first came home from the hospital, you slept a lot. I was a little worried. Then, I noticed that the less often I took my pain medication, the more you were awake. Now that I am totally off of it, you have many more awake times.
You are a good sleeper. You sleep an average of 3 hours sometimes 4 hours at night. There were a few times I would wake you up to nurse when you would sleep for a long time. Now, I let you sleep as long as you want. I think you are growing just fine, so I've decided not to worry about it.
We go back to the doctor for your 2 week check up tomorrow, so I don't have official stats yet. However, your daddy and I weighed you on Daddy's postal scale. According to the USPS, you are gaining weight. You've gone from 6 lbs, 5 oz to 7 lbs, 5 oz on Daddy's scale. I can tell you are bigger.
You are a good eater, too. It has been a learning experience for both of us, but I love the special time we have together. I am amazed at how our God created you and my body to know what to do.
You are such a miracle, baby girl. We love you so much and feel so blessed that the Lord gave you to us to love and to call our own.
I love you sweet girl,
Mom

5 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

she's a doll baby! congrats, congrats!!!

chrys

ML said...

Oh, my goodness...I love this post! I just can't wait to get her in my hands again. The Lord has blessed you guys and she is one very lucky little girl! Love you all - Mammie :)

Taylor Made said...

What a precious message to your baby girl, I almost teared up. You must put this on paper and save it for her. She is growing so fast. I can't wait to hold her!

Greg and Bobbie said...

is it just me or does she look like kent? anyways, she's looks so sweet- although i'm sure she couldn't not be with you two as parents... enjoy the little time.. it flies - spoken with my 4 months of experience! :)

Kara said...

Love it!! You will love going back and reading this as she gets older. Keep it up! :-)